The language school offers their help to arrange a variety of cultural activities, afternoon trips and weekend excursions. We feel these type of activities constitute an important part of any Spanish language immersion program. Each week depending on student interest and depending what is going on in the surrounding area. Some examples:
- Dance Classes: The purpose of this class is to help you learn some of the more common dance styles found in Costa Rica. Learn Meringue, Salsa, Marcado and Cumbia.
- Interesting Lectures: Topics cover a range of topics. Topics include: ecology of Costa Rica, Costa Rican history, culture and politics, etc.
- Cooking Class: Learn how to cook some of the favourite local Costa Rican dishes.
- Intercambio’s: Meet with locals who are learning English. You will help them practice their English and they will help you learn Spanish! Besides brushing up on your Spanish it is a great way to meet some Ticos.
- Visits To National Parks: Costa Rica is famous for its beauty. The best place to experience this is to go to one of the country's many national parks. Many of these parks are close to Playa Tamarindo.
- Deep Sea Fishing: There are a number of charter boats working on the Pacific Coast area. Coastal Spanish can help you find the right charter outfit. Canopy Tours: A canopy tour is one of the more popular things to do in Costa Rica. High up in the rainforest one gets an opportunity to see the unique ecosystem found high up in the trees.
- River Rafting: Despite the small size of the country, Costa Rica is home to some of the best white water rafting in the world. Coastal Spanish has contacts with good organizations who run these types of trips.
- If you have never seen an active volcano then take advantage of your time in Costa Rica and visit one. Arenal volcano is considered to be one of the most active volcanoes in the world
© lingua -
general conditions -
free brochure -